Friday, October 9, 2009

Gettin' In Shape

Bandit and I are both coming into the Fall hunting season a little out of shape, with me having suffered a bad bicycle crash and bandit herniating a disc in his back when he fell out of a tree.

We were both laid up a lot of the summer, but we're trying to beat ourselves back into shape now. He seems to be doing better with it than I am! After about an hour of mountain biking, I'm huffing and puffing while he's looking at me wondering why I'm being such a wuss.

OK, back to Bandit's injury. How did he fall out of a tree, you ask? Why, he chased a squirrel up there, of course! He then lost his footing and fell about 10 feet down, landing with his back on a rock. He couldn't even go up and down the stairs in our house for almost a week. Scary stuff.

Pheasant opener is tomorrow. I hope we're ready!

No comments: